Boston Marathon Bombing

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Boston Marathon Bombing

Postby Padfoot » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:08 am

Are there any news about what was going on? I heard about it late last night and in the early morning news. :( It said that two bombs exploded and another five that didn't explode have been discovered along the marathon route... :( I'm a bit at a loss for words right now.
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: Boston Marathon Bombing

Postby shireling » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:00 am

Padfoot wrote:Are there any news about what was going on? I heard about it late last night and in the early morning news. :( It said that two bombs exploded and another five that didn't explode have been discovered along the marathon route... :( I'm a bit at a loss for words right now.

Sorry. Thanks for holding down the fort, sweetie.

I'm sure you've been caught up on what's happening by now. That there were two and just two, and both exploded. There seems to be a suspicious-looking person caught by the finish line camera or storefront camera, and that's the last I've heard.

I'm liking that it's being taken slow, by most, and it's more important that the real criminal be caught (I still remember the hell that Richard Jewell was put through in the Summer Olympic bombing situation. That should never happen again.)

Not to complain, but I've been having a tough few days here and while I've wanted to be online, I just haven't felt up to snuff. Hope tomorrow's a better day. I really want look over all that you've posted :) .

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:09 am

Yes, I've been following the news. I like them to take their time, too. Pressure cookers and nail, ball-bearings etc., that's it? Sounds like another UNA-Bomber or a Timothy McVeigh or Atlanta bombing to me, not like Arabian terrorists.

Any news about the fertilizer factory explosion in Waco? I'm sure this is a tragic accident. Fertilizers are highly explosive, and it takes only the blink of an eye... :/

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Padfoot wrote:Yes, I've been following the news. I like them to take their time, too. Pressure cookers and nail, ball-bearings etc., that's it? Sounds like another UNA-Bomber or a Timothy McVeigh or Atlanta bombing to me, not like Arabian terrorists.

It's moving apace. There was information more this morning, and there are people leaving hospital - only the most badly injured are still in care. A prayer service is scheduled for later today. *sigh*

And there's been an arrest in the ricin mailings to the President and a Congressman (the fellow's apparently got a history of crack-pottery.) They aren't totally sure it is ricin in the letters - still testing - but I've heard a suggestion that if you are serious about sending comment to your State Representative, that you're better off with a phone call, an email or a postcard. Since the anthrax mailings, there's been an off-site with hazmat suits to check the post out and anything in an envelope goes there first.

Any news about the fertilizer factory explosion in Waco? I'm sure this is a tragic accident. Fertilizers are highly explosive, and it takes only the blink of an eye... :/

That is still unfolding. I'm amazed at how quickly things were organized, and folks were collected - these first responders are amazing. The devastation is unbelievable. This fertilizer is the same stuff that was used in the Morrow Building bombing in Oklahoma, and you saw what that did with just what could be held in the back of a pickup. This was the whole manufacturer gone up, and there's not a building left untouched. Registered 2.9 on Richter, and it could be felt 70 miles away :( ...

What's interesting with this factory - from what I saw this morning - is that the plant had just passed a safety test. That there was no danger of fire or explosion - gas could be tapped off with no danger to surrounding property - :? . It's being treated as a crime scene, unless or until they're sure it's not.

All those poor people :( ...

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:34 am

All it takes is a cigarette (which is not supposed to happen) or a short circuit (which might happen any time, no matter the precautions). :/ :(

Over here is a news ticker concerning the Bosten FBI/police operations at the MIT. That was fast. I hope they catch the second one soon, too!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:35 am

It's over...at least this part, because there's months and years of recovery ahead.

The thing that amazes me is when I hear how these kids grew up in the states, blah-blah-blah...how could they do this? Why say - let alone, think - that, when there have been other P.F.U. born here, going back generations, who have never been anywhere else, and they pull the same kind of mass carnage? I have no answer for this, of course. God, I'd rather grow a tumor than hurt anybody else...cannot get my head around this.

I sincerely hope this P.F.U. makes a full recovery...

Return to “The News”