Richard Laymon

The Thing under your bed; The footsteps on the stairs at night; The pale, dead eyes watching you in the dark outside your window - They're ALL in here. Come and join them...
Shuggy
Wyvern
Location: Navigating Defecation Creek Without Any Oars Whatsoever.

Richard Laymon

Postby Shuggy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:23 pm

Anyone read him? I consider him a more 'splattery', perverted and fast-paced version of Stephen King - slightly less cerebral than King too, but no less enjoyable for it!

'The Beast House' trilogy is a good place to start with Laymon - you'll know if you like him, and know what you're up against in the future!
"Your Mother Cooks Socks in Hell!"

Cassie
Wyvern

Re: Richard Laymon

Postby Cassie » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:52 am

I have, but not for quite a while. I chain-read The Stake years back, good book. I've also read a short story comp of his and his stories just don't end the way you think they are going to....For example, a short story about a couple picking up a hitchhiker who (of course) turns out to be crazy usually ends with either the couple dying or the crazy killer dying. Well, yes the crazy killer dies but the couple, after killing him, basically drink his blood and have sex next to his corpse, if I remember rightly. Not something you expect the Jones's next door to do ;)
[Under Construction]

Return to “Horror”