Eagle Cam! Watch Live!

Can't have one without the other! Come and sharpen your intellect on the cutting edge.
shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: Eagle Cam! Watch Live!

Postby shireling » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:27 pm

Update January 19, 2019

We understand that everyone is very excited for the DC cams to begin streaming, but we are still waiting for our internet connection to be established inside the National Arboretum. As most know, the Arboretum is closed due to the government shutdown, which has significantly slowed down the process of our obtaining an internet connection. We are hoping to have this matter resolved as soon as possible, and we kindly thank you for your patience.

If you’ve been following our social media pages, you already know that the Bald Eagle pair, Mr. President and The First Lady, returned to the National Arboretum on October 15, 2018. Since their return, they’ve been seen near and on the nest. Sue Greeley has been instrumental in documenting their whereabouts while our cams have been down. We hope to have our cams streaming very soon! Thank you for your patience and understanding; we are excited and hopeful for a wonderful 2019 National Arboretum nesting season. AEF wishes you all a happy and healthy New Year!

brought to you by
The American Eagle Foundation

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:49 am

New Website address:

https://naeaglecam.org/

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:50 pm

Here's the website address just in case. https://naeaglecam.org/

Mr. President and First Lady have spent most of the day working on the the nest. They look good, and I hope they'll have eaglets this year.
It was so odd not to see any babies last spring. Their childcare history is on the website and I've been watching them on and off. I hope they have a safe, and fruitful spring :) .

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:47 pm

They're sitting side by side, right now! God, they are so beautiful!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:19 pm

Well, what can I say?

It's another year without eaglets and I don't know why. I hope that Mr. President and The First Lady are in good health. Besides, I'd rather that they didn't have babies if they needed the downtime more. Okay...I'll come back next year, and watch what happens. Until then, bye...

Oh, wait a second.

I just found out today that Aeschylus - the Greek Playwright and Philosopher, quoted in my signature - was killed by an eagle dropping a tortoise on his head. He was trekking through the desert when this happened. I must admit I was stunned to learn this.

Return to “Science & Technology”