The Rain, The Park, And Other Things

Wanna go GaGa over Beyonce, or Muse about Metal?
TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

The Rain, The Park, And Other Things

Postby TomCotton » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:50 pm

I had a conversation last week about a Who song. The other person referred to it as "Teenage Wasteland" and I pointed out that the actual title is "Baba O'Riley". That, for some reason, got me to thinking about a Cowsills song that most every one refers to as "I Love The Flower Girl". The actual title of the song is "The Rain, The Park, and Other Things".

There are a bunch of videos on YouTube of the song but this one kind of surprised me.

I had always thought of the Cowsills as a passing fad with no real talent other than the hype that was generated around them because of things like The Partridge Family and variety shows in the 1960's and 1970's. The video kind of shows that some of them could really harmonize and had some talent. Pleasantly surprising.
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: The Rain, The Park, And Other Things

Postby shireling » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:51 pm

I had an 8-track of their stuff! It was in my '68 Mustang when I sold it :( . Had no idea they still performed, at all :/ . This was my favorite:

Had to post this, too. Can't remember when I'd last heard it. Thanks for all this, Tom :) .

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:19 pm

Yes, looking at some of the other videos of The Cowsills performing during the last 20 or so years shows that they do sound good. :)

The Who really stole the show during that 911 tribute concert. Here is "Baba O'Riley" from the concert.

I am in complete agreement with some of the comments about feeling sorry for the acts that had to follow them.
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:02 pm

Found this at 7 o'clock this morning - who needs coffee with this on the screen? Just wonderful! *tears* Thank God I will never be too old to rock :D .

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:48 pm

shireling wrote:Found this at 7 o'clock this morning - who needs coffee with this on the screen? Just wonderful! *tears* Thank God I will never be too old to rock :D .

Jethro Tull just flashed through my brain. :D
Audere est Facere

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:18 pm

:lmao: O Lord!

This is my absolute favorite Tull tune

Return to “Music”