Chris Squire of Yes Died

Wanna go GaGa over Beyonce, or Muse about Metal?
TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Chris Squire of Yes Died

Postby TomCotton » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:51 pm

Some friends and I were talking about some of the concerts we have seen throughout the previous few decades and the talk got around to Yes. Someone mentioned that Chris Squire, the bass player and one of the founding members, had died. I had not heard about that and did some research and found that he died June 27, 2015 in Phoenix, Arizona from a form of leukemia.

I really like Yes and was very impressed with Chris Squire and his bass playing. It amazed me when I watched him on stage and saw that some of those sounds I heard on the record were made by him and his bass.

I also remember that in the early to mid 1970's Paul McCartney would get the best bass player position in a lot of polls for the best musician to make up a band. It always pissed me off that he got those votes instead of Chris Squire.
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: Chris Squire of Yes Died

Postby shireling » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW6OH1z ... M&index=21

Oh man! :( I saw Yes in concert - in a high school gym, no less - when I was a senior, back in '71. It was spectacular, and I was never in a position to see them play again...

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Return to “Music”