Dungeons and Dragons

ElviraStarkeeper
Grumbling Murloc

Dungeons and Dragons

Postby ElviraStarkeeper » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:46 am

Poor little RPG forum is sad and empty inside :(

So, like the game that started it all, this thread will hopefully get things going!

Discuss: D&D related things, experiences you have, different editions, homebrew rules ect, funny stories.. anything

Have fun! :)
You've got to change the world,
and use this chance to be heard.
But dancing is fine too :P

Halasian
Crimebuster

Re: Dungeons and Dragons

Postby Halasian » Tue May 25, 2010 5:00 am

Spend a fair amopunt of time in the years 1983-85 playing an early (2nd?) edition of D&D. The game-master had it based in Middle Earth, and we did a fair amount of looting of Annuminas and Fornost. We were making haste to the Paths of the Dead, when we arrived and camped in the woods, and for whatever reason or reasons that these things come to a screetching halt, we put off our game night, then again, etc. I found the old stuff buried in the folks attic a few years back, and they are still camped out.
Last edited by Halasian on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dunedain Ranger in the Shadows

ElviraStarkeeper
Grumbling Murloc

Postby ElviraStarkeeper » Fri May 28, 2010 6:59 am

Aww yeah it's a shame how easily a campaign can come to an end like that. My all time favourite one came to an end cause our DM got a girlfriend who hated me. BAD plan, i tell you :P

And that's interesting having it set in middle earth, i've never tried that, but i set most of the games i run in the world where i write my novels.

ElviraStarkeeper
Grumbling Murloc

Postby ElviraStarkeeper » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:04 am

*prods thread*

I'm DMing again! I'm stoked! It's been wayyyy to long cause march utterly faild with me keeping drama and D&D separate >.<
Anyways a friend of mine had a plan for a one-off with a ton of people which was less combat oriented and more with homebrew classes based off what are usually NPCs. Travelling mercheants, scholars, blacksmiths, wenches, ect. Not enough experienced people turned up so it turned into a slightly more normal campaign thats extended over several sessions. But we DO have a blacksmith along who fights with his hammers and is plotting to make little mechanical squirrels.

Anyone interested in more of my homebrew stuff or really anything D&D related, just ask! If i dont know, i can find out, or make it up! :P

lotrfotrttrotk
Crimebuster

Postby lotrfotrttrotk » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:08 am

I am in north carolina this week with my family and 3 other families we often go on vacation with. this year someone had the idea to play a game of D&D so we will be doing that over the course of the week...i have NO idea what I'm doing or how to play but the person whose idea it was knows what he's doing, I think. I'll let you know how it goes.
I foresee lots of having no idea what I'm doing in my near future. :P
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not whither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken; a light from the shadows shall spring.
Renewed shall be blade that was broken; the crownless again shall be King."

ElviraStarkeeper
Grumbling Murloc

Postby ElviraStarkeeper » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:53 am

How did the not knowing what you were doing go? Fun i hope?

I DMed a bit for a one-shot game a few weekends ago, and as none of us really had a place to host it we userped a table at a local all night coffee place. Several perturbed fellow patrons and running into non-nerd aquaintances later, i was very amused.

Also my friend played a caster who was a "hipster sorcerer" because wizards are too common. He only cast the most obscure (read: useless) spells and rode a skinny horse, cause i wouldn't let him have a skinny bike unless he found some gnomes to invent bikes first :P

Arwen#1
Evil Lair Tourguide

Postby Arwen#1 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:53 am

Aww, I used to play every week, but now I don't play as much. My group still does (and at my place) so I can sit in, but I had to take a break from it because I was getting worn out. I'm hoping to join the next campaign though.
We mostly do 3.5 edition but once in a while my hubby will DM a 2nd edition campaign. I'm sad to say I usually always play a rogue half-elf. Female of course. :P And I can't play a spell caster at all.
"We're all a little crazy, just some of us are better at hiding it."

Halasian
Crimebuster

Postby Halasian » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:57 am

Anyone ever play D&D remotely?

How about D&D Online?
Dunedain Ranger in the Shadows

Return to “Board and Card Games”