Board Wargames!

Halasian
Crimebuster

Board Wargames!

Postby Halasian » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:02 am

In the 1970's & 80's, I and my little brother played many of the 'Avalon Hill' and 'SPI' board wargames, like Afrika Korps, War at Sea, and Battle of the Bulge. Miss playing them. Was going to look into maybe playing some via the internet. If I find a way, I'll invest in a couple games.
Dunedain Ranger in the Shadows

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Re: Board Wargames!

Postby TomCotton » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:56 am

I still have Frigate from SPI with some gun range and field of fire overlays I made out of clear colored plastic. Some of the other SPI games still in my possesion are Tank!, Chariot, and Sixth Fleet. The die markers for Sixth Fleet were cut wrong. I wrote to SPI about it and they sent me Chariot. The mistakes on the Sixth Fleet markers could be worked around so basically I received a free game. I also still have D-Day from Avalon Hill. Don't play them, though.
:)
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

Halasian
Crimebuster

Postby Halasian » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:57 am

My brother has our combined collection of games stored away in the attic of the folks house. Can never find time to play them anymore.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:09 pm

I married into a family of Quakers (preachers, no less), and you'd never see a more ruthless bunch than around a board of RISK.

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Halasian
Crimebuster

Postby Halasian » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:03 am

Ah... Risk marathons.... Played 10 hours straight through to sunrise once because of the 4 players, nobody could quite push any of the others off the board for 6 hours, then the three way lasted a couple more hours, then the head-to-head was brutal.

Return to “Board and Card Games”