Discussion so far....

Please ask any questions you have about the workings (intended or in error) of the site in here.
resoundingjoy
Disturber of Cthulhu's Slumber

Re: Discussion so far....

Postby resoundingjoy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Are there going to be designated names for the chat threads like BH and IB? I so want to start blathering on somewhere but am trying to resist for the sake of staying "on topic" in the existing threads.

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:07 pm

To be honest, we discussed whether to have chat threads or not and the general concensus was just wait and see what happens :lol: if you want to post in an Ivy-type thread go ahead, or if you want to start a thread telling us how crappy your day has been you can do that too :D For now, just do whatever and don't worry about going off topic. Most people agreed that going off topic in an existing thread was fine if either a) it got back on topic somewhere or b) the topic was finished anyway, and people can just keep chatting there until the conversation naturally dies.
[Under Construction]

Candy Kane
Psychic detective

Postby Candy Kane » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:33 am

Hi guys, please may we have a games subforum in the general chat area? It might add a little interest.

I was thinking Hangman (You all know that one)

Word chain (post a word -- the reply should be the first word that comes to mind when someone sees that word)

and The ABC game (choose a subject, e.g. animals. A - Aardvark. The reply could be B - Bear, and so on. One answer per post, and when you get to Z, choose a new subject).

These are all very popular round my way.

Just a thought. I know we're all grown-ups here and you don't want any daft ones.
To err is but human, to forgive divine, and to design is AWESOME! :8

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:29 pm

We had games on the previous board and while they could be fun, in the past they have just been used for spam/upping post count. For that reason I would prefer not to bring back too many games that are just "type a word and that's it" games. However, I do like the idea of hangman, if only because there's more thought got to be put into it. Why not start a hangman thread for now Candy and we'll see what happens :)
[Under Construction]

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:56 pm

I'd enjoy that, Candy :).

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

PatriotBlade
Wyvern

Postby PatriotBlade » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:07 pm

There's a game that I started on another forum called the Illiteration Game. The goal is to have a conversation, no matter how silly using as many illiterating words in one paragraph. ex. Brown beavers beat blue bushes wearing bungie-cords. an answer that phrase might be something like: Are there any abraisions arriving around the apex after the angry assult?

Would something like that be okay. There's a little more to it than just "post a word"

Another fun game is the "Movie Quotes Game" where you have a converation with MOVIE and/or TV show quotes(but you do have to watch, some people try to use song snips and famous sayings not from visual media).
Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find. Today is where your book begins, the rest is still UNWRITTEN...

highlyeccentric
House Elf

Postby highlyeccentric » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:43 am

I miss the Acronyms Game, personally - in which one had to make ridiculous acronyms out of LOTR-themed names/titles/placenames/words. I'm not sure how it would go with a broader theme, though...

lotrfotrttrotk
Crimebuster

Postby lotrfotrttrotk » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:50 pm

ooh, that was a gooood game.
I never thought I was much good at it but I loved reading other people's!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not whither; deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken; a light from the shadows shall spring.
Renewed shall be blade that was broken; the crownless again shall be King."

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:41 pm

I think anything that doesn't have one word quick answers should be fine.

Perhaps for the acronyms game have the person say what theme it should be in? (LOTR, general fantasy, 80s sci-fi etc).
[Under Construction]

Return to “Questions/Problems”