Problems/Issues

Please ask any questions you have about the workings (intended or in error) of the site in here.
TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Re: Problems/Issues

Postby TomCotton » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:21 pm

Yep, thanks for fixing it. :)
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:33 pm

A minor annoyance.

Type out a message then click the preview button. It looks good.
Click the submit button and the message shows up with altered margins, making the post in some cases not look so good.

Is there a way to have the margins in both the preview and posted message the same? :?: :)
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

Cassie
Wyvern

Postby Cassie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:59 am

I didn't know that they weren't the same :lol: I'll add it to the list :) Oh and can you point me to a post of yours this has happened on so I can see exactly what it's doing?
[Under Construction]

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:18 pm

It happens on all of my posts. The main problem is that the words go further to the right in the preview than they do in the when the message is posted. It is mostly a cosmetic thing.
Audere est Facere

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Here are a couple of screen shots.
Note how the preview is stretched to the right.
Attachments
Preview.JPG
Message in Preview window
Preview.JPG (17.11 KiB) Viewed 1298 times
post.JPG
Posted message
post.JPG (18.64 KiB) Viewed 1298 times
Audere est Facere

Azriel
Crimebuster

Postby Azriel » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:32 pm

I think the reason for this is that in the preview the whole column with your name and avatar and such is not displayed, so the text stretches all the way from the left edge of the table to the right edge in one column. Whereas in the actual post the text begins further to the right because the column with one's avatar and details takes up space.
"The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts. Monuments fall, nations perish, civilizations grow old and die out, and after an era of darkness new races build others. But in the world of books are volumes that have seen this happen again and again and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men's hearts of the hearts of men centuries dead."

resoundingjoy
Disturber of Cthulhu's Slumber

Site Changes!

Postby resoundingjoy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:27 am

Is there any way to adjust the width of the forum so that it lines up with the banner?

Shuggy
Wyvern
Location: Navigating Defecation Creek Without Any Oars Whatsoever.

Re: Site Changes!

Postby Shuggy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:00 am

resoundingjoy wrote:Is there any way to adjust the width of the forum so that it lines up with the banner?

It is being worked on by minds immeasureably superior to mine!

What browser and version are you using RJ? Because the layout seems fine to me on my iPhone (mobile Safari), but is out on my work computer (IE version prehistoric), and seems fine on my desktop, running IE9 Beta.
"Your Mother Cooks Socks in Hell!"

resoundingjoy

Postby resoundingjoy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm using Firefox 3.6.10 for Mac.

Shuggy
Wyvern
Location: Navigating Defecation Creek Without Any Oars Whatsoever.

Postby Shuggy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:47 pm

Hmmm... that may be why - it takes allsorts... ;)

However, one of 'Cassie's Angels' will have a look anyway. Not sure if anyone else is running a Mac, or Firefox so it may be difficult to test.

Thanks for letting us know, though!
"Your Mother Cooks Socks in Hell!"

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:46 pm

I am using Win7 64 bit with an updated IE8 and the banner does not line up for me either.

The attachment is a reduced screen shot.
Attachments
rtb as is.jpg
rtb as is.jpg (53.24 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
Audere est Facere

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:57 pm

Something else I have noticed is the missing View unread posts link at the top right of the page. It now reads View new posts. Before I could click on View unread posts and get a page of post that I have not read. After reading a post from that list I could navigate back to that page and the post I just finished reading would be removed from the list.

Now with View new posts option the post that I read is still on the list. No posts are removed from the list until Mark forums read on the Board index page is clicked. Then all of the posts are removed, which is as it should be.

We are not amused. :P :D
Audere est Facere

Azriel
Crimebuster

Postby Azriel » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Tom, you can still do "view unread posts" by going to the portal. On the right, under your profile pic there is the option to "view unread posts", "view new posts" and more.
I'm not sure why it disappeared off the forums themselves, I imagine it went away when Candy was re-arranging buttons and links.

The banner doesn't line up perfectly for me either but I didn't realize it was meant to...
I'm using Firefox in Windows 7 64 bit.
"The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts. Monuments fall, nations perish, civilizations grow old and die out, and after an era of darkness new races build others. But in the world of books are volumes that have seen this happen again and again and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men's hearts of the hearts of men centuries dead."

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Postby TomCotton » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Here are some attachments showing what the page would look like with the banner and frame stretched arcross the full page, with just banner stretched across the full page, and with the banner aligned with the frame.
Attachments
rtb full2.jpg
Banner and frame across full page
rtb full2.jpg (45.02 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
rtb full.jpg
Banner across full page
rtb full.jpg (45.55 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
rtb lined up.jpg
Banner aligned with frame
rtb lined up.jpg (48.87 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
Audere est Facere

resoundingjoy

Postby resoundingjoy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:41 pm

Right, I was thinking that it was supposed to look like Tom's third picture. The way it is now makes it look like it's just pasted over the top of the template.

btw, I very much appreciate the work you are putting into the site!

Return to “Questions/Problems”