The Ivy Bush - General Chat

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: The Ivy Bush - General Chat

Postby shireling » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:31 pm

After all that drama on Wednesday, I had to take in the car for service. She needed more than the oil change and tire rotation; her back brake shoes needed cleaning, she was 'out of coolant!' (that's like being dehydrated :wtf: ), and the transmission fluid was drained and refilled. The service lady said it's up to me, if I want all that - how do I say no, to my most reliable source of transportation and independance? Girlfriend doesn't get driven all that much, and it takes me six months longer than average to get to 5,000 miles. So she gets what she needs, no matter.

Amy fell asleep next to me. I laid down to watch 'Broadchurch' (I'm going to miss that series), and she cuddled up right beside. We've been out of house so much this past week, and while she does get what she needs in terms of food, fresh litter and grooming, she wants us to be around more. In fact the one day that we were home, I moved her dishes into my bedroom, so that she wouldn't have to deal with all the strangers. Did I tell you she just turned 12? She was here until a second ago - I'm going to see if she needs anything in the kitchen as soon as I finish this.

I don't miss having a cat as active as Timmy, but then you're younger than me, Paddy :lol: . I would hope that everybody and every cat would get the one they need. Tasha, of all of them, was a six-week-old baby when I got her in '97, and right up until her death in 2010, she got into everything. Loved high perches, and could jump up and turn off light switches - whether I wanted them off or not. But at this stage, I just want somebody to snore beside me. It's such a comfort in my old age :) .

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:17 pm

My sister has to have a jaw surgery tomorrow. I'm going to go with her to the hospital and stay there until I'm allowed to take her home again, which will be tomorrow afternoon, hopefully (if no complications occur, keeping our fingers crossed!). In the meantime, rather than waiting at the hospital, I'll take Lena, my oldest niece, for a day out in the city. Breakfast, (window-)shopping etc. Looking forward to it. :)

Larissa has gone on a holiday with her best friend and her parents to Poland. Her friend's parents are from a coastal town in Poland, and they try to go back there once a year, and they offered Larissa the holiday (Larissa and her friend spent last week with my sister and her husband in the Netherlands. Have to say that Larissa's friend Monica is one of the nicest girls I have ever met, and her parents are nice and welcoming people, I have met them on several occasions now and I like them very much. Their influence on Larissa is definitely a good one, like her boyfriend's influence as well. :D Never thought I'd say that, but it's true. :lol: :lol:

I can't believe that this is already the last week of my holiday :P :P I got used to not getting up at 5:30 a.m - and even Timmy doesn't insist on getting up that early, I guess he values our daily sleep-ins too much :lol:
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:28 pm

How'd your sister's surgery go? I hope she's doing well :) .

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:53 pm

She's doing well. They did only half of what was planned, though, just the upper jaw - and that alone took about 4 hours. She has to return in 3 months and get the lower jaw done as well. She's been dealing with these problems for years, although there's nothing wrong with her teeth (they're well tended), but the problem is the gum. But it's under control. The next appointment is set for October. Of course she's in pain now. She took a painkiller in advance and refused a sedation, but the effects had subsided by this afternoon. She promised me to take another one and get some rest.

Larissa mailed from Poland to tell that Poland is "totally different" from Germany :lol: :lol: Which means that things are a little more "rustic" over there, as in "simple lodgings" and "rural environment" as in "small village"- :D :D Won't hurt her!!

A soaking wet Timmy is lying beside me on the sofa. It's been raining since last night and it was in the news that the amoung of rain that has been falling from last night equals the normal amoung of rain for the entire July. We need the rain, though, because it has been hot and dry for the last few weeks.

Watching Dr Who right now, The Master has appeared for the first time now. BTW - I found the Moffat episode "Blink" (the one with the Weeping Angels) utterly confusing :lol:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:52 am

I'm glad your sister's okay. And it sounds like Larissa is just fine (I'd been thinking about her, and wondering how her scoliosis has been.)

Timmy's lucky he doesn't get pneumonia :lol: ! Amy has plant allergies, which has her sneezing from time to time and gives her teary eyes. She just woke up from a 10 hour nap and has been grousing about her dishes (they look fine to me.)

Oh, BLINK! That is the scariest episode I'd ever seen. I hate those things. I had to watch it a couple of times in order to figure out how they work, all the while holding a pillow in front of me as a shield. The time before I was freaked out over a movie or TV show, it was Arachnophobia. Screamed through the whole thing :lol: .

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Stayed up through most of the night to watch the Senate vote on 'skinny' Repeal of Obamacare :coffee:

It lost 51 to 48, thanks to the three Republicans who voted no. I'm sorry that when Senator McCain flew in after his surgery to vote, most people didn't bother to find out why he voted yes. That was to begin the debate. There are procedures that need to be followed - and yes, they are a pain - but that's how stuff works. So, I was up to see his 'no vote'.

It's important that we learn more about how our government works :coffee: , and not just get all riled-up. It's exhausting and we end up looking like fools :coffee: .

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:20 pm

I'm so sorry that the US government looks more and more like a loony bin. Now people get fired before they officially started working... Though Scaramucci is no loss.

BTW, it's 10:23 pm and I'm trying to write this sitting at my new desk, cat between me and keyboard.. :D I have a feeling I ought to prepare for working single-handedly from now on :lol: :lol: But it is so cute :lol:

Today was my last day off work. I finished the garage (all food supply is back in the cellar where it belongs, lots of canned veggies and home-made jelly and jam), cleaned the tires and now my car is back where it belongs. As it turns out, just in time for another heavy thunderstorm. Timmy has chosen to lie on the floor now. But he has an eye on me :D

Back to work tomorrow. Didn't miss it, to be honest :lol:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:21 am

Padfoot wrote:I'm so sorry that the US government looks more and more like a loony bin. Now people get fired before they officially started working... Though Scaramucci is no loss.

I've seen that the heads of all the allied nations have gotten together, to figure out how to accommodate Trump - as in, what to talk about, to be careful not to talk too long, to make sure not to use big words, but also not to use the best words, because they belong to him, to try not to say 'small' and 'hands' in the same sentence, and so on. *sniff* I love those guys :cry: ...

BTW, it's 10:23 pm and I'm trying to write this sitting at my new desk, cat between me and keyboard.. :D I have a feeling I ought to prepare for working single-handedly from now on :lol: :lol: But it is so cute :lol:

Today was my last day off work. I finished the garage (all food supply is back in the cellar where it belongs, lots of canned veggies and home-made jelly and jam), cleaned the tires and now my car is back where it belongs. As it turns out, just in time for another heavy thunderstorm. Timmy has chosen to lie on the floor now. But he has an eye on me :D

Back to work tomorrow. Didn't miss it, to be honest :lol:

Every time Amy wants something from me, and I'm too tired or hurt too much, I make myself get up and do it. You're not spoiling him, Paddy, I don't think. Timmy has a much freer life, and can come and go as he pleases, while Amy can't. But, he wants attention from you and I'm so glad that you don't hold back. Amy, on the other hand, has had four forever homes - we being number four. I can't believe it's been seven years since we got her. There were times when I thought about re-homing her, but I just couldn't. She's never had a say in anything, about where she stays or goes, and I hope we've made her happy. She just turned twelve last month, ans she's been with us longer than any other place.

I lift my cup in salute to your first day back to work :coffee: :D.

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:14 am

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:27 pm

He's got his business end right on the keyboard - which doesn't take a genius to figure out what he thinks of it :lmao: .

Timmy's a very pretty tabby, so much like my Tasha was. They're my favorite variety of kitty :paperbag: .

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:57 pm

:lol: :D As soon as I take my seat, he jumps up on the table and tries to get his butt on the keyboard, it's too cute!

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:04 pm

Padfoot wrote: :lol: :D As soon as I take my seat, he jumps up on the table and tries to get his butt on the keyboard, it's too cute!

I'd love to know what he's thinking :) .

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:44 am

Dear Office,
on behalf of my human I apologize for her not being able to go to work today (or tomorrow, or any other day you like) because of my being in desperate need of cuddles 24/7. I therefore decided that she is not allowed leaving the house for the time being (except for buying me food and treats). I count on you understanding the situation and granting my human a permission for an unlimited leave from work (full payment assured, of course, or she won't be able to buy me food and treats!). I very much appreciate your consent.

Yours sincerely
His Majesty
Timothy

Mission accomplished!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:07 pm

To His Majesty,

Timothy, King of Keyboard
Monarch of Mice
Curmudgeon of Cuddles
Titan of Treats

My Lord,

We humbly thank you for your most gracious memo, regarding your human and your most serious needs. These, which are, but not limited to, constant caresses, abundant sustenance and treats by the ton, are to be delivered by your human, with our gratitude for your majesty's glorious reign over us.

Unlimited leave and full salary - plus weekly bonuses, and chauffeured journeys - are humbly extended, so that your human may fulfill your desires without delay. It is with the greatest of pleasure and humility, that we do this.

In honor of his
great & excellent
furriness,
King Timothy,

we remain -
The Office

;)

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:08 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

His Majesty is very pleased by this reply :lol:

Now I need to present the letter to my RL boss... :paperbag:

Return to “General Chat”