A Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) on HBO

locksley
House Elf

A Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) on HBO

Postby locksley » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:03 am

"He walked into mid-autumn, hearing nothing but the winds. One night as he sat before his fire, vaguely feeling the winds urge against his shape, he looked down and saw the starred harp in his hands ..." (Mckillip, The Riddle Master trilogy)

ElviraStarkeeper
Grumbling Murloc

Re: A Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) on HBO

Postby ElviraStarkeeper » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:09 am

Ohh exciting! Something i might actually consider watching!
You've got to change the world,
and use this chance to be heard.
But dancing is fine too :P

Azriel
Crimebuster

Postby Azriel » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:35 pm

Oooh, I'll be looking out for this.
Thanks for the links Locks!
"The world of books is the most remarkable creation of man. Nothing else that he builds ever lasts. Monuments fall, nations perish, civilizations grow old and die out, and after an era of darkness new races build others. But in the world of books are volumes that have seen this happen again and again and yet live on, still young, still as fresh as the day they were written, still telling men's hearts of the hearts of men centuries dead."

locksley
House Elf

Postby locksley » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:56 pm

I'd be checking it out for the filming locales alone lol

HBO has a good record with series programs, so fingers and toes crossed they do well with this one. :D
"He walked into mid-autumn, hearing nothing but the winds. One night as he sat before his fire, vaguely feeling the winds urge against his shape, he looked down and saw the starred harp in his hands ..." (Mckillip, The Riddle Master trilogy)

Halasian
Crimebuster

Postby Halasian » Fri May 28, 2010 4:24 am

I might enjoy this as a TV mini-series.
I surely couldn't get into the books.
Dunedain Ranger in the Shadows

Keith
House Elf

Postby Keith » Fri May 28, 2010 7:43 pm

I've been excited about this ever since it was announced - if anyone can bring the brutality and epic scope of ASOIAF to the screen without too much dilution, it's HBO.

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:00 am

Ok, a tumbleweed just blew by, this place is covered in dust, and my voice is echoing through this virtual room. Where is everybody? Are we all discussing this amazing mini-series somewhere else?? :?

I thought this was really well done and I enjoyed every minute of it and can hardly wait for the next instalment! The casting was perfection and the sets and scenery too. I don't know what else to say! I waited and waited for this show and was not disappointed! :yay:
ImageI am Vairë the Weaver, weaving the tapestries which cover the walls of the halls of Mandos and tell the story of all things within Time.

Candy Kane
Psychic detective

Postby Candy Kane » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:38 am

And Boromir from LOTR is in it. We don't have it on terrestrial TV yet but I bet I can get it online somewhere. Does anyone want me to find it and post the links?
To err is but human, to forgive divine, and to design is AWESOME! :8

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:42 am

I would :D - if you can, Candy. We're watching "The Tudors" now on BBC-America, so eventually everything ("Dexter", "The Sopranos") comes within reach. But it's frustrating to see promos for this on other channels and know it's eluding you.

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Candy Kane
Psychic detective

Postby Candy Kane » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:43 am

http://onmegavideo.com/all-posts-under/ ... f-thrones/

Best I can do till the copyright bludgers calm the Hell down. They're like rabid ferrets when something is new, but when the hype dies down they're less vigilant and stuff tends to stay up.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:41 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D!

'By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me! Engage!'
Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:47 pm

Candy, I thought all of the UK would have it on local channels! I'm really surprised you couldn't see it! Do you get something called Sky Network or something? I thought it was airing on that. Anyway, I have a friend in Australia who managed to download it from somewhere. I can ask her where if anyone likes. I love your description of the "copyright bludgers"! :lmao:

Yes, our very own gorgeous Sean Bean (Boromir) was weilding a sword once again and meting out justice! Sigh! :bad:
ImageI am Vairë the Weaver, weaving the tapestries which cover the walls of the halls of Mandos and tell the story of all things within Time.

Candy Kane
Psychic detective

Postby Candy Kane » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:06 pm

I don't have Sky, although it's widely available here. I've got all the Freeview channels, so I have to cheat when it comes to watching cable or satellite shows.

merryb
House Elf

Postby merryb » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:21 am

Vairë wrote:Candy, I thought all of the UK would have it on local channels! I'm really surprised you couldn't see it! Do you get something called Sky Network or something? I thought it was airing on that. Anyway, I have a friend in Australia who managed to download it from somewhere. I can ask her where if anyone likes. I love your description of the "copyright bludgers"! :lmao:

Yes, our very own gorgeous Sean Bean (Boromir) was weilding a sword once again and meting out justice! Sigh! :bad:

Yeah, until he got his head lopped off!! :P

Vairë
Crimebuster

Postby Vairë » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:22 am

Yes, well, that was unfortunate. :( But typical. Sean always seems to get bumped off.

Anyone seen the first instalment of the second season? I was watching but then my rabbit got loose and I had to chase him around the basement for awhile. I think I'll watch it again anyway as I wasn't getting into it like last season.

Return to “Fantasy”