Larry Niven's Ringworld series.

This is your place to discuss books that make the improbable seem possible.
-O-
Site Admin

Larry Niven's Ringworld series.

Postby -O- » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:35 pm

just recently listened to ringworlds children, i have actually read every other book in this series, which is one of my favorites. while protector is my favorite niven book the ringworld series ties in with it, or actually protector actually ties into it.

anyone else read ringworld or anything else from nivens known universe?

TomCotton
Vampire Slayer

Re: Larry Niven's Ringworld series.

Postby TomCotton » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:41 pm

I have read a few of the Ringworld series. Very interesting concept. The size of the thing is amazing too. A diameter about the same as Earth's orbit, close to 1,000,000 miles (1609344km) wide, walls 1000 miles (1609km) high to help keep the atmosphere in. That one ocean with a map of every known inhabited world. It would take a while to explore.

The first two books were good, then it degenerated into the inevitable franchise/sequel BS. :)
§Doug§ AC000000 Eamus Catuli!!!!
Audere est Facere
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away." Philip K. Dick

-O-
Site Admin

Re: Larry Niven's Ringworld series.

Postby -O- » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:41 pm

he kept having to fix things with ringworld cause the geeks kept bitching about how this or that wouldnt work unless this or that was done. but in general your probably right really, but i still enjoyed them, i really wanted to know who built the damn thing lol, and of course i found out.

Return to “Sci-Fi”