I've missed forums...

New to the site? Start a thread here and tell us about yourself! Also enter for site Membership Agreement.
TheHollister
N00b

I've missed forums...

Postby TheHollister » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:37 am

Hi all! It's been aaaages since I've been on a forum, so I'm back in newbie mode.

I used (by used to I mean... when I was 12, 13, 14... Oh, I feel old now. :lol: ) to post on a whole bunch of fan forums for both LOTR and the actors in LOTR, but the only forum name I actually remember is ElijahFanForums.com because I think that was the one I spent the most time on, haha

Anyhoo!
I'm Holly and I'm from Canada. Hi! :shake:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: I've missed forums...

Postby shireling » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:02 pm

Do you know me? You sound familiar. I was Saran in the ElijahFanForums - God, those were the days! I've been missing everybody from there so much - I've kept in touch on and off with Nicki, Jean, and Pippa over the years since. It's wonderful to see the old link in print again :) !

So glad to see you, Holly! :hug:

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

TheHollister
N00b

Postby TheHollister » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:06 am

I recognize your name! I think you wrote a few fanfics, right?

I still wonder what ever happened to the other people on that board. It's so nice to talk to someone from there again!! :glomp:

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:52 pm

:paperbag: yep that was me! :D

I can't remember what the screen names were of the three I mentioned...

Jean wrote a very beautiful fanfic called "Stay With Me" and Random Hobbit (I think her name was Valerie) wrote another called "A Trouble Soul" - both were about Frodo (I have Jean's right here on my shelf, all 8hundred-odd pages of it! and I was in the process of downloading Val's - with her permission - when the site crashed :(. )

Nicki was the most prolific, though. She wrote a bunch of Elijah ones and they were very popular. I remember somebody stole one in particular from EFF (Elijah was on trial for the rape of his girlfriend in that one - oh, yeah, her stories were quite powerful), and they were pretending to be the author of it in A&F. They were found out, but the last I looked, the story was never taken down :roll: .

Oh, I'm so glad you're here!!!! :glomp: back at ya! I'm hoping that Balrog will continue beyond The Hobbit, and other folks that love all things Tolkien will come to stay :) .

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Candy Kane
Psychic detective

Postby Candy Kane » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Welcome, TheHollister. Good to have you on board.
To err is but human, to forgive divine, and to design is AWESOME! :8

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:03 pm

Hope to see you here again soon :) !

TheHollister
N00b

Postby TheHollister » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:00 pm

shireling wrote:Hope to see you here again soon :) !

Had to take an internet break during Finals! :coffee:

I remember Valerie! Some of the fanfics on that site were so good, I wish I had saved them to my computer! blaahh

Have you seen The Hobbit yet?? I wanted to go to the midnight showing but stupid exams got in the way.

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:28 pm

I saw The Hobbit the following Tuesday - found a screening in plain old 2D, which suited me just fine. I loved it, and wish The Desolation of Smaug was opening today.

Candy Kane
Psychic detective

Postby Candy Kane » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:10 pm

I recommend it; great acting, great story, great fun!
To err is but human, to forgive divine, and to design is AWESOME! :8

Return to “Welcome/Membership Agreement”