Benedict Cumberbatch/Sherlock...

Enjoy the work of a particular actor/actress? Let us know about it in here.
shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch/Sherlock...

Postby shireling » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:38 pm

I hated this episode - just so you know. I don't remember a lot about it, except that I did a lot of screaming at the tv and pillow-throwing. But I didn't want to ruin it for you :lol:, Paddy, so you could get equally annoyed. You know how misery loves company...

I don't see why there was the need for Moffat to create the crazy sister; she's not part of the original cannon. The more he stuck with the original characters, the better, because you can go to the works and draw from that - there's connection. I was willing to let go what was done to Mary Morstan - even to the extent of them having a baby girl - but now I see I shouldn't have. Because once you string out a lifeline, it invites nothing but trouble. You have to keep adding, then the character becomes a burden (there should only be Holmes and Watson), so Mary has to die. That alone should have made Moffat realize that the whole Euros nonsense was a non-starter; he should never have gone there.

Conan Doyle must be spinning.

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:32 am

I will have to re-watch from the beginning. But the more I think about it, the more I feel that this was the weakest episode - and the reason for it was probably that it wasn't based on Conan Doyle's stories. And for the first time I felt Moriarty was completely out of place. He shouldn't have been there at all.

BUT now there's one person I still want to meet, and that is Harry Watson. :D
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Ah, yes indeed :D . I look forward to the sibling rivalry between John and her - at least, I hope there's some.

"I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all." - St. Brigid of Kildare

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Return to “Fandom”