Benedict Cumberbatch/Sherlock...

Enjoy the work of a particular actor/actress? Let us know about it in here.
shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Re: Benedict Cumberbatch/Sherlock...

Postby shireling » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:38 pm

I hated this episode - just so you know. I don't remember a lot about it, except that I did a lot of screaming at the tv and pillow-throwing. But I didn't want to ruin it for you :lol:, Paddy, so you could get equally annoyed. You know how misery loves company...

I don't see why there was the need for Moffat to create the crazy sister; she's not part of the original cannon. The more he stuck with the original characters, the better, because you can go to the works and draw from that - there's connection. I was willing to let go what was done to Mary Morstan - even to the extent of them having a baby girl - but now I see I shouldn't have. Because once you string out a lifeline, it invites nothing but trouble. You have to keep adding, then the character becomes a burden (there should only be Holmes and Watson), so Mary has to die. That alone should have made Moffat realize that the whole Euros nonsense was a non-starter; he should never have gone there.

Conan Doyle must be spinning.

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Padfoot
Rampaging Blood Elf

Postby Padfoot » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:32 am

I will have to re-watch from the beginning. But the more I think about it, the more I feel that this was the weakest episode - and the reason for it was probably that it wasn't based on Conan Doyle's stories. And for the first time I felt Moriarty was completely out of place. He shouldn't have been there at all.

BUT now there's one person I still want to meet, and that is Harry Watson. :D
Imagerichardkf7 by Martina Immel, auf Flickr

shireling
Frodo's Stewed Coney

Postby shireling » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Ah, yes indeed :D . I look forward to the sibling rivalry between John and her - at least, I hope there's some.

"He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God." - Aeschylus

Avatar courtesy of Candy Kane, Webmistress Extraordinaire and Slayer of Trolls

Return to “Fandom”